Sunday, November 16, 2008

Smuttynose Pumpkin Ale


Ah. Now this is more like it.

I was a little afraid that I wouldn't be able to find more than one pumpkin ale in our neighborhood, but a few of the stores were actually carrying the Smuttynose Pumpkin Ale.

Now, I've definitely had this in the past, but once again, I could not remember if it was good or not.

Thankfully, this beer was not terrible. It may have been a tad sweeter than the Post Road offering, but this wasn't necessarily a bad thing.

The balance of pumpkin and spices was good. Even though its sweeter than the other I tried, there is some nice bitterness from hops still present.

I'd recommend it for anyone who wants a pumpkin ale and can still find it in stores (or just wait until next Fall...)

Official Joe Cooks Dinner and Stuff Beer Rating:
Smuttynose - Pumpkin Ale
3/5

No comments: