Thursday, November 13, 2008

Mac'n'Cheese




Mandy may have already blogged about this meal, but I'm here to do it right (i.e. better).

This dinner was inspired by our recent trip to Quaint.

I think the recipe is mainly derived from Alton Brown (also a man-crush of mine, along with Josh Howard, Doug Martsch and others). However, my recipe is far superior due to the addition of two ingredients: Bacon and Cayenne Pepper.

Unfortunately, it was not as bacony as it should have been, as I dropped a piece of bacon transferring it from the frying pan to a plate to cool. Being incredibly lazy/hungry, I decided to not fry up more slices. (Note to self: make at least twice as much bacon, if you do not use it in the mac'n'cheese, you can just eat it.)

The resulting mac'n'cheese was slightly spicy/hot, slightly bacony and deliciously cheesy.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Other than the aneurysm I had when I read "Quant" instead of "Quaint," the rest of my thoughts for this meal can by summarized by the following phrase from the lexicon of the intertubz:

DO WANT!!!1onewonjuan

joe said...

i wish i could say its an easy meal to make, but its actually a pain in the ass.

i'll make it for us when you come visit nyc...

Mandy said...

It's super easy to make if you're just sitting at the kitchen table watching!