Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Hot Taco Action



When we first moved into our apartment here in Sunnyside, we had a little pest problem (OMG ROACHES!!!). Accordingly, we didn't do too much cooking for the first few weeks until we could get an exterminator. So while the roach situation was still in full crisis mode, I ate at the local taco truck probably about three times a week. Thankfully, the exterminator came in and solved our little problem and I was able to start my own kitchen nightmares. But as a result of my taco truck binge, I hadn't been much in the mood for tacos, salsa, guacamole, fajitas, etc.

This weekend as I was struggling to figure something out to cook, Mandy suggested I make myself some tacos. This sounded like a good idea as months have now passed since my affair with the taco truck.

The tacos were pretty straight forward. I came up with a spice mix with some references online (cayenne, cumin, chili/onion/garlic powder, oregano) and simmered the ground beef in it for a little while. I heated up the corn tortillas and chopped some vegetables. Quick and easy. Like your mom.

Mandy amused herself while I ate by trying to take action shots of me eating the tacos. I'm pleased to present below some of the highlights for your enjoyment.


2 comments:

Unknown said...

"That makes my taco pop!"

The Newtster said...

I would have thought Justin would have gone with something along the lines of "mashing Mandy's taco". Just when you think you know someone....