Sunday, November 2, 2008

Tortellini and Sausage



Ah. The perks of living in New York.

Two of the things I missed the most not living near New York were tortellini and thin italian sausage (also known as cheese and parsley sausage).

After three years in DC, I moved to Cleveland Park. There is an italian deli (Vace) on the main stretch of Connecticut Avenue that has a good selection of frozen pastas that are locally made. Their tortellini (both cheese and meat) were actually really good, and I was glad that I didn't have to bring tortellini back in a cooler from visiting my parents in New York. Unfortunately, they only made sweet and hot sausage.

So I'm glad to be back in NY. This tortellini is from Riviera Ravioli on Morris Park in the Bronx. I think the sausage was from a deli in Carmel, NY (not sure of the name of it, its in Putnam Plaza, but used to be on the corner of 52 and Fair Street).

Both were totally awesome.

The last time I was in Butcher Block (an awesome Irish deli around the corner from my apartment) I noticed they had some in the case in back, so I'll try that soon too.

3 comments:

Rachael R. said...

I LOVE sausage! I can never get enough sausage! Yum-O!!!!!

Unknown said...

That's what she said.

Unknown said...

Also, I remain mesmerized by the sausage. Sometimes I find myself staring at it and realize that 10 or 15 minutes have passed before I snap out of it.