Monday, April 13, 2009

Blue Point Toasted Lager


Hello, blog. As I haven't really been doing any interesting cooking this past month, I've decided to share my drinking adventures instead.

Up first is Blue Point's Toasted Lager. Generally available in the tri-state area (that's NY, NJ and CT; not MD, VA, WV and MT or whatever).

I'd had a couple of these over at Hobo Gary's at some point, but I couldn't remember whether I liked it or not. After drinking a six pack over the course of a week, I'm still not sure if I really like it all that much.

It has a nice amber color and pours with a sizeable head. It goes down smooth with just a slightly bitter aftertaste. I could probably drink a lot in a row. In the end, its really just tastes like a standard lager to me. I'd probably save my cash in the future and just drink Yuengling instead.

No comments: