Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Sierra Nevada Torpedo IPA


I've always liked the standard Sierra Nevada ale. It works in a pinch. Its not bland or overly bitter and can be generally found at every corner deli.

I read somewhere online about this beer and was intrigued. This IPA is supposedly one of the first new year round brews for Sierra Nevada in sometime

This poured with a good head. It was actually maltier than I expected. Its not extremely hoppy/bitter (for an IPA). I think I actually like this better than their standard ale.

I'd definitely buy this again, just probably not in my neighborhood (a six pack would've been $12).

1 comment:

Mandy said...

Bonus Mandy thoughts: When there are three Torpedo IPAs in the fridge, it is easier and cheaper to drink one of those than it is to go out and buy your own six pack. This beer is more acceptable than many of the more "exotic" ones that Joe drinks.