Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Lagunitas Brown Shugga Sweet Release


A few Friday's ago, I went into the neighborhood beer store (the one with the good selection). I felt like a brown ale, possibly because I've been drinking Avery's Brown Ale anytime I see it on draft in the city (its an amazing beer). I saw this on the shelf with "brown" prominently displayed on the packaging and thought it would hit the spot.

I was in for a surprise when I opened it at home. Long story short, its actually a strong ale that's brewed with brown sugar. Not a brown ale. Woops.

As such, my entire experience with this beer was tainted. I guess it was good. It fairly malty and was just slightly bitter. Even thought it had a high ABV, the alcohol didn't overpower everything else. In the end, if you're looking for a brown ale, don't buy this beer. If you're looking for something that will get you buzzed from two beers, this is for you.

No comments: