Friday, March 13, 2009

Sal, Kris and Charlie's


It was very spring-like this past weekend, so Mandy determined that we should do something outside. We made our way to Astoria and walked along the river for a while.

The nice weather was also the perfect cover for me to make a trip to Sal, Kris and Charlie's. I'm not sure how I'd heard about it, but it the reviews said they made amazing sandwiches. That was enough for me.

I ordered an italian combo. It was pretty good. It came with hot & sweet peppers on it, I'd try to get roasted red peppers instead next time. The provolone (at least I think it was provolone) was a bit sharp, I would've preferred some mozzarella instead (or some milder provolone). Everything else was thoroughly enjoyable.

Oh, the sandwich was very large. I ate about 2/3rds of it for dinner and then the rest for lunch the next day.

I'm not sure if its worth a trip to Astoria solely for the sandwich, but not a bad option if you're in the area.





No comments: