Saturday, March 7, 2009

Brownies


After buying a massive amount of cocoa powder in order to make molten chocolate cake, I had to come up with something else to bake to use the remaining powder (probably 4 cups).

I settled on these brownies from Alton Brown. The reviews said they would occasionally come out cakey. People adjusted with less eggs and things like that. I just went with the original recipe.

They weren't hard to make (except for sifting the brown sugar, ugh). They weren't super chewy but they were super chocolaty. The Newtster devoured one brownie in approximately 5 seconds, so I suppose they passed the taste test. Mandy also seemed to like them as long as she thought of them more as chocolate cake or something than brownies.

If I have cocoa powder sitting around again, I'll probably make these.

No comments: