Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Green Curry Chicken


Mandy suggested I make this for dinner for myself and I complied. I think she just really wanted me to get rid of the can of coconut milk that had been in our cupboard for months.


List of Ingredients:
About a pound of chicken (I used chicken thighs)
Green Curry Paste (about a tablespoon, I should've used more)
Two cloves garlic
Can of unsweetened coconut milk
Some chicken stock (I have no idea how much I put in, probably about 1/2 cup)
Handful of green beans
One red pepper


I heated the some olive oil with the two cloves of garlic and curry paste. I then sauteed the chicken until it was cooked almost entirely through. Then went in the remamining ingredients, which I brought to a boil, then simmered for about 20-25 minutes. While the curry was simmering I made my rice.

Pretty straight forward. It doesn't have a "complex" taste like you might encounter at a Thai restaurant, but its good enough for my dinner.

No comments: