Monday, February 16, 2009

French Toast


Mandy recently baked some cinnamon bread. It was alright, although I believe she did not like it at all.

So in an effort to eat the entire loaf myself, I made a lot of french toast. I believe I made some for three or four straight days.

Where the bread failed as simple toast, it excelled as being the basis for french toast. I simply soaked the bread in an egg/milk/cinnamon mixture and then fried it in some butter. I served it (to myself) with a light dusting of cinnamon sugar.

3 comments:

The Newtster said...

This makes Nancy want to vomit.

Unknown said...

I have the opposite reaction. It looks fantastic. No syrup, though?

(kancers)

joe said...

nancy doesn't like french toast? that's just wrong


i'm not sure about the syrup. i never used it at home growing up. my mom always just put cinnamon and sugar on it. its kinda stuck with me to this day as my preferred french toast topping.

i use syrup at diners and such where i don't have the cinnamon sugar option.