Wednesday, January 21, 2009

I'm still cooking and stuff


Hello again.

I've still been cooking, but I've been neglecting taking pictures.

So, here is a picture of some mashed potatoes and steak.

The fillet mignon was given to me by my parents. I seared it in my newish cast iron skillet and then threw it in the oven for a few minutes. There may, or may not, have been bacon fat involved.

It was pretty decent.

My parents also got me a 10 pound bag of potatoes. I haven't been eating them as frequently as I should. Oh well. But on this particular night, I whipped up a batch of mashed potatoes for myself. Once again, they were pretty decent.


If anyone wants to discuss making steak without a grill of any sort, just let me know. I have plenty of theories.


In other news, I've been spending time on a project that is way too dense for Joe Cooks Dinner and Stuff. If I manage to keep up with it for more than a week, I'll probably unveil it to the public. Later duders.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I am intrigued by your project.

I also thought you said your parents gave you a 100 lb bag of potatoes, which caught me off-guard.

I am required to type pethundo to post this comment. I find that humorous.

Andrew Whitacre said...

My word was is "mycen". Not nearly as good as "pethundo".

I wonder how fast you'd have to eat 100 lbs of potatoes to keep them from spoiling. You're probably talking about 200 individual potatoes, right? Even if you got them to last six months, you'd have to eat more than 1 a day.

Mandy said...

My word is "boilen".

Justin, you will probably enjoy Joe's super-secret project. I, on the other hand, will continue to (lovingly) mock him about it.

Unknown said...

Hmm, not sure what to make of that.

(enseadio)