Monday, December 15, 2008

Salsa



I like making my own salsa mainly because I don't like jarred salsa. They all taste too much like tomato sauce or something.

I also like making salsa because I get to play with my knives.

Unfortunately, making fresh salsa in the middle of December probably isn't such a great idea. The tomatoes were definitely sub-par and didn't have a lot of flavor. I also forgot to leave the seeds and such in one of the jalapenos, so there wasn't much heat involved. At least I got my servings of vegetables.

The recipe is fairly straight forward and usually pretty good if you have quality ingredients. It makes enough for two people to snack on.

3 Plum Tomatoes (I used the vine-ripened instead of plum because the plum tomatoes looked terrible)
1/4 Red Onion
1/2 Red Bell Pepper
2 Cloves Garlic
3 Jalapenos
Juice from 1/2 a Lime
Salt/Pepper

No comments: