Saturday, December 13, 2008

Penne and Chicken


Slow week for Joe Cooks Dinner and Stuff. I haven't actually been cooking all that much, instead opting for sake and sushi in some far off Brooklyn neighborhood as well as a nice little italian meal to celebrate some good news in Hobo Gary's life. However, fear not as I still have some food related musings.

I had actually forgotten that I made this until I found a picture while going through our camera today.

I've been pretty bored with jarred sauce for the past few months, so I was determined to try something new.

I made a sauce using some basic canned tomato sauce, garlic, basil, white wine and cream. Next time I make it (and if Mandy is not joining me at the dinner table), I'll probably throw some onions in there as well.

I sauteed some chicken with just salt and pepper, and mixed everything all together. It was pretty decent, and a definite nice change from jarred sauce.

1 comment:

Mandy said...

I liked this dinner, you should make it again.