Friday, February 25, 2011

Bell's Hopslam

DSC03466

I think this was probably the first "expensive" beer I ever bought (i.e., more than $10 for a six pack). I remember buying a six pack of this 3 or 4 years ago at our old corner liquor store for $15. Old me would probably kick myself for buying an entire case of it this year.

A case was probably overkill.

It really is good though. Although the bottle says its a "biting, bitter, tongue bruiser", its really not that bitter compared to say, Ruination or even Hoptimum.

The simcoe hops definitely come through in the aroma. Its more of a floral, mango, funky, cat piss kind of hoppy than piney, bitter, etc.

I just need to remind myself next year that a six pack is probably sufficient.

Oh yeah, the most ridiculous detail on the label is that the dude pummeled by the hops is clearly wearing sneakers. I appreciate the detail, but really, sneakers?

No comments: