Friday, July 17, 2009

Look at my Stuff - I Can't Believe I Pull For These Losers


Baseball arrived in the District of Columbia in the Spring of 2005. I went to the first game of the second home series, thanks to my former place of employment. The Newtster tagged along.

An inning or so into the game, I yelled out "N-A-T-S NATS NATS NATS!" Yes, I know its remarkable similar to the Jets cheer. But people just turned around and stared at me. People, its a baseball game, you're allowed to cheer.

4.5 years later, Nationals fans (all seven of us) still don't know how to cheer.



Also pictured above:
1. Cubs ticket. A friend in Chicago and I went to a game. I believe it was the first start for Mark Prior (or Kerry Wood) coming off an injury. I drank a bunch of beer and was generally amazed at how small the stadium was.
2. A portion of a Nationals vs. Brewers ticket. It says its a day game, but I can't remember skipping out of work that year for a game, considering I didn't really get "hooked" on the Nats until the 2006 season.

Bonus Request: If anyone has that ridiculous video of me cheering at the Nats/Cubs game from 3 years ago, post it now.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

"4.5 years later, Nationals fans (all seven of us) still don't know how to cheer."

You misspelled, "don't have anything for which to cheer."

Oh, burn!

(botion)

joe said...

also accurate.

Unknown said...

B-L-O-G! BLOG, BLOG, BLOG!

(sabiash)

Andrew Whitacre said...

Also you misspelled Natinals several times.