Saturday, April 13, 2013

Three Stars - Two to the Dome

Finally took a trip out to Three Stars. It's actually a lot more convenient to get to (for me) than DC Brau. Nice little layout there too. I haven't been to the brewery before because I was a little put off by their pricing ($15 for the saison & pale ale, $20 for everything else).

A pretty malty IPA. Nice subtle fruitiness in the aroma and taste. Nice use of citra & centennial. Mild bitterness for the style. Pretty enjoyable. OTWOA gets the nod ahead of this because of pricing. Otherwise pretty darn good. 

Editor's note: [pessimism] I joined Three Stars ridiculous reserve society ( the Illuminati Society: barf) on a whim so expect more bitching about $20 growler fills and bombers that aren't worth the price I paid. [/pessimism]

No comments: