Monday, January 21, 2013

Goose Island - 2011 Pepe Nero

From Joe Drinks Dinner and Stuff


Almost two years old at this point. I thought I had made a post earlier this year about a bottle, but I guess not? The original, not favorable review, is here.

The carbonation level on this is still crazy high. After 5 minutes or so, its settles down to the point of being drinkable without a shit ton of prickly carbonation.

I think the almost two years on this have definitely helped. I actually don't mind drinking this now. Whatever I didn't like about this before is not present now (glad I took super detailed notes before). I was afraid this might have a gross burnt bagel taste, but its fairly smooth. The peppercorns or dark malts have mellowed and the yeast comes through nicely now.

Pretty good after two years, if you're into holding onto beer for that long. 

No comments: