Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Allagash at Meridian Pint

From Joe Drinks Dinner and Stuff
Part of yet another DC beer week event. There was a crazy amount of Allagash on tap, including two vintages of Confluence, some barrel aged beers, one coolship beer and other beers I had not heard of.
Goulschip - on the right Definitely tart. That's all I really get. It's brewed with pumpkin and an assortment of other things, but its just tart. Definitely enoyable though. (And the first Allagash coolship beer I've had). Yakuza - on the left Tripel dry hopped with sorachi ace & cascade hops It doesn't seem as sweet as I remember their standard tripel. I didn't get too much out of the dry hopping. Nice enough. Saison Mihm - (Not Pictured) This was really enjoyable. Dry and slightly spicy. Recommended. Confuence 2011 - (Not Pictured) Something didn't come together for me on this. The brett is more pronounced, but its not as "bright" as I remembered. Maybe better fresh?

No comments: