Friday, March 9, 2012

Stillwater Artisanal Ales - Folklore/25 to One

From Joe Drinks Dinner and Stuff


I really liked this when I first had it months ago, and was sad that it was a one off brew. I found two more bottles of it randomly during the summer that I snatched up without blinking. I drank one a few months ago and stored this one thinking it'd be the last I'd get to have. Luckily, Stillwater decided to brew this as a regular, but now rebranded as Folklore.

The 25 to One is probably about a year old at this point. Still really enjoyable. Lot of roasted malt flavor, only slightly bitter.

The Folklore...

From Joe Drinks Dinner and Stuff


It's a lot more carbonated than the 25 to 1 was. Still delicious. I'm not sure there's a lot of difference between these, besides the carbonation levels. Finishes fairly dry for a dark ale or stout. I love it. The roasted malts and yeast balance out nicely. Glad its being brewed again.

No comments: