Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Dogfish Head Squall IPA




Bought a bottle of this at D'Vines after Sam Calagione from Dogfish did a book signing there (after not seeing a bottle for months after release).

Per the bottle it is a bottle fermented 90 Minute IPA. Per some random video on the web with Sam talking about hops and a random clothing line, its supposedly a more aggressively hopped IPA than the normal offering. I can't really tell though.

Not a lot of carbonation. A lot of hops up front with an overall malty sweetness. I probably should have bought a 90 minute IPA to compare it to. Just from memory its awfully similar.



Bonus: I also tasted Dogfish Head Fort on draft. It was super boozy and definitely tasted of raspberries. Not overly sweet though. Not sure I could drink a whole glass of it though. In the realm of fruity Dogfish beers, I think I liked it better than Festina Peche which I had years ago with Mandy at the Dogfish Head Brewpub in Gaithersburg.

No comments: