Saturday, April 24, 2010

Beers Not Pictured

Rogue Brutal Bitter (Now "Brutal IPA")

Hmm. This is pretty drinkable. Not sure its a favorite or really wows me though. I probably wouldn't buy a six pack of this, but I'd get it on draft again.

weyerbacher hops infusion ipa
oooh. this is interesting. it has a slight sweet/honey taste. a pretty good ipa.

Shipyard Pumpkinhead

The highpoint of this pumpkin ale is the dude with a pumpkin-head riding a horse on the bottle.

Its pretty thin and doesn't taste a lot like pumpkin, it tastes more of cinnamon than anything else really.

Its not terrible because its not overly sweet, but I'm not sure I'd get it again.

Clipper City - Heavy Seas - The Big DIPA
The bottle states that it is a double IPA. It has a pretty high ABV (10.5%), but you can't taste it too much. Fairly sweet without a lot of hop taste though. For a double IPA, I'd like some bitterness to it. Eh, its alright. I'm not sure I'd get it again.

Apparently this is the first of some small batches that Clipper City is putting out. Hopefully the others will be a little better

No comments: