Saturday, May 9, 2009

Rogue Hazelnut Brown Nectar


We went out to eat last week at Lost Dog Cafe. In addition to the enjoyable gimmick pizza (they put on a ton of sauce and cheese, the crust can be droopy but the edge is awesome), they typically have a great beer list here.

On this particular trip, I was in the mood for a darker beer. My options were the Duck-Rabbit Milk Stout or Rogue's Hazelnut Brown Nectar. I choose the later.

For some reason I concentrated on the "Brown Nectar" portion of the name, and not the "Hazelnut" adjective. This beer was extremely sweet and not a good match for the spicy onion rings that we ordered as an appetizer. It tasted like someone poured a hazelnut coffee creamer in a beer. I definitely wouldn't order this again.

Bonus Newtster Thoughts: "Tastes like a Werther's"

2 comments:

gary carrion said...

post something or i'll take over your blog.

Unknown said...

Listen, Joe. I can't believe I am saying this, but could you drink more?

K, thx.

(irwome)